There’s a lot of pride that comes with business ownership. There’s nothing quite like putting a smile on the face of your customers and feeling satisfied by a job well done. With that pride, though, comes serious responsibility. Business owners are often overwhelmed by the sheer amount of daily tasks that must be completed to keep things running smoothly. If you ever feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day, try these time management tips:
Share this Image On Your Site
- Science has proven that humans are terrible at multitasking.
- Single tasking is much more efficient.
- Projects can be completed 40% faster when single tasking is used vs multitasking.
- Many business owners use an answering service to handle their calls so they don’t have to divide their attention.
- When everything feels important, it’s hard to prioritize your agenda.
- Keep your priority list short. This lets you complete tasks in a more timely fashion.
- Limit technology interruptions – turning off your phone and ignoring incoming emails may feel strange at first.
- Set aside time blocks and let others know of your desire to work uninterrupted.
Learn to Delegate
- Doing everything yourself is not sustainable.
- Pass along the duties that don’t require your specialized knowledge and skills.
- Focus more on the tasks you’re especially passionate about.
- By building a trustworthy team and partnering with experienced, reliable service providers, delegation becomes easy.
Try the Pomodoro Technique
- Choose a task and set a timer for 25 minutes.
- During this period, focus solely on a single task.
- When the timer rings, take a break, catch up on messages, or refill your coffee.
- After 5 minutes, reset your timer for 25 minutes and repeat the process.
Find a Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Vacations, date nights, and time with family & friends are crucial for preventing burnout.
- Create boundaries for when you’re available to work and when you’re focused solely on your personal life.
- Phone answering services ensure you never miss an important call even when you’re off the clock.
- Give MAP answering service a try – our free trial is a great way to preview how we can help you manage your time more efficiently with zero risk or commitment.