“It takes months to find a customer…seconds to lose one.” – Vince Lombardi
It’s human nature to remember negative experiences more vividly than positive ones. Unfortunately, companies lose billions of dollars each year because of negative customer service interactions. Here is how poor customer service impacts businesses…and what to do about it!
Share this Image On Your Site
Lose a Customer, Lose a Sale
- Businesses lose a whopping $62 billion annually because of bad customer service.
- It costs five times more to attract new customers than to nurture existing client relationships.
- 51 percent of customers say a single negative interaction can convince them to never do business with a company again.
Most Common Customer Complaints
- The number one reason customers switch brands? They feel unappreciated.
- Nearly 70 percent of customers quit doing business with an organization because they don’t believe the company cares about them.
- 90 percent of customers say they have struggled with customer service on mobile platforms
The Impact of Poor Customer Service
- 95 percent of customers say they share their poor experience with at least one person.
- A bad experience is more likely to generate a review than a positive one.
- One negative review may convince 35 percent of customers not to make a purchase.
What Customers Want
- 75 percent of customers demand personalized shopping experiences.
- Companies with engaged employees outperform their competitors by 147 percent.
- 52 percent expect action to be taken on the feedback they provide
Designing a Better Customer Experience
- Immediate response time delivers satisfaction on the customer’s schedule and terms
- Connection with a real, live human ensures personalized attention for callers
- Consistency is key when using multiple channels to handle customer complaints
- Friendly, resourceful agents can help customers fall in love with a company
- Multilingual support helps to ensure that customers of all backgrounds feel important
While this may seem like overwhelming information, there is good news. Customer service is easy to improve – with the right partner, that is! Identify your customer service blind spots and bring MAP Communications on to solve them. Resourceful, friendly representatives provide personalized service to keep customers coming back for more!
Here are more infographics you might be interested in: