As Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh once said, “Customer service should not be a department. It should be the entire company.”
The Value of Good Service
- 96 percent of consumers around the world say customer service is crucial in establishing brand loyalty.
- 52 percent say they made an additional purchase after a positive customer service interaction.
- A five percent increase in money spent on customer retention can net 25 percent more profit.
The Cost of Bad Service
- 89 percent of consumers say they’ve stopped doing business with a company after receiving poor customer service
- It’s six to seven times more expensive to attract new customers than to retain them.
- The most frustrating part of a bad customer service experience? 30 percent of people say it’s the inability to reach a real, live person.
- 75 percent say it takes too long to reach a customer service agent by phone.
- Over the course of a lifetime, the average person will spend 43 days on hold.
Why Customer Opinions Matter
- 90 percent of consumers are influenced by positive reviews when shopping.
- A third of Americans report using social media to complain about customer service.
- Angry customers tell an average of 16 friends about their bad customer service experience.
Providing the Very Best Service
- 84% of customers say that being treated like a person, not a number, is very important when it comes to earning their business.
- 77% of people state that valuing their time is the most important thing a business can do to provide them with good customer service.
- 98% of customers try to skip the Interactive Voice Response systems that many companies use. IVR is a major point of frustration for customers. The three most popular terms callers use to try to sidestep the computerized support are customer service, representative, and live person.
Have these statistics inspired you to up your customer service game? Connect with MAP Communications today to discover the resources required to treat each customer as an individual and respect their time by answering every call with a real, helpful representative. It’s time to provide customer service that stands out in the crowd.
More infographics you might be interested in: